Friday, June 14, 2013

Crema


40 person bus, 11 people in it though
At the finish line, when most haven't begin to go
Send my soul up to heaven if we crash
If not me then these sisters and brethren is all I ask
Young lieutenant, Mr. Tad gave the task
I'm gonna show you that it's all gravy, no potatoes mashed
Just lasagna with artichoke, bits in my stash
Re-birthing  an artist's hope, from a kid in the trash
euro swag, you can see it in my walk now
Good posture ,high thought is why I talk down
Polly want a cracker? Oh, look what the flock found
Painting words like Raphael with Hip Hop sounds
How's that sound to you?
My glass is half-full, I'll down a few
Time to escape to cityscapes with the town in view
Velvet cape, golden scepter with my crown askew.

Italian Soundtrack by C.A pt. 11:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqFI2cNuT-g


Yet again, I have found a moment to sit and scrawl my impressions. As the countryside rolls by through my panorama bus window, it dawns on me that I could live here. Of course, aesthetically I would love to live here but like is not the operative word.

Not too shabby


A language barrier is almost universally accepted to be a giant boogie man. After being relatively immersed for ten days, I realize that I could live here because the language barrier is closer in ferocity to a panino. If the native tongue of a land is so much more easily overcome, there is no reason, besides the practicality of finances, that I couldn't quickly become an expatriate. Dr. Scott did it and he's none the worse for wear. Based on my Anglo-Saxon lingua roots, I realize that some languages would be more challenging than others, but if I've learned anything from the masters of the Renaissance, it's that hard work and dedication can bring nearly anything and anyone to fruition. As far as the tongues of the Romance family, there really is no excuse not to speak and understand them. Plus, their similarities insure that if you can hurdle the first barrier, the successive challenges are diminished. If I really want to commit myself to an artistic profession, abolishing this fear of language truly breaks down walls and opens the world in it's entirety as a stage. Player, play on; no more excuses. I speak English therefore the United States of America is what we craftsmen of ink refer to as "easy peasy." I look forward to proving myself correct.


Heading home!!! 










That's it y'all,  catch ya on the flip-side but please no butter fingers for this hot potato. Much love to the adults who kept everything organized and kept us safe, namely Mr. Tad, Mrs.Kate and of course the center of positivity that is Professor Stern.


Here are some sources that helped me out. 

tours.ricksteves.com/tours/italy
streetdirectory.com/food-editorials/cuisines/european_cuisine
uffizi.com
britannica.com
Italian for Dummies by:  
  •                                      
  •  Francesca Romana Onofri, Karen Antie Moller








  • No comments:

    Post a Comment